Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Last weekend T.J. and I drove up to Bellingham with the intention of doing a little pumpkin carving with the Simkins. What we really ended up doing is watching them carve--yes, we're totally lame. We'd both had long weeks and were happy to kick back and watch the magic be created by others. Our pumpkin is headed for a more culinary fate.



Hannah went with the classic bat theme (ewwww). I was pretty impressed with the speed and ease with which her pumpkin was carved. She has definitely put in more carving time than I have.



Lars opted for something more complex...Shodan, the villian from System Shock 2. For those of you who don't know Shodan is (I didn't):



Lars, you know we are pumpkin carving, right? We aren't using an etch-a-sketch here (that's another story entirely).




Huh. Well, this is new. Doesn't pumpkin carving require, well, carving? I guess it is a fine line.




Well then. I've never going to bother trying to carve again.




Lars may be a little too talented. Artists. Sheesh.

No comments: